Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Latest, as The Challenge Finish Line Comes Into Sight

My Crossfit box's nutrition challenge has only two weeks left. We had a pot luck at the box last night, and it was the. healthiest. potluck. that I have ever attended. There were still treats - including some paleo desserts, and a variety of alcohol, but the overall selection was predominantly meat, fruit, veggies.

I'm so proud of my brother and sister 'fitters - people are dropping weight like crazy left and right. I can't wait to hear the final total fat percentage and raw number loss stats from our challenge's coordinator. Bless her, she has worked so hard to keep us all on track and give us regular complete body fat analyses throughout this challenge! It has really helped me to focus having such regular data feedback. It's also kept me motivated because I've had weeks with small scale movement that still yielded huge fat losses with simultaneous muscle (lean mass) gains.

Meanwhile, a couple of weeks ago, I zipped into my first size 8 pair of bottoms in years. Granted, they were Target's Fit 1 jeans - my new favorite, might otherwise be known as dark wash boot cut mom jeans - so the sizing might be a little on the vanity sizing side, but STILL. Psychologically going into single digit pants sizes was a huge boost to me.

I also had a clothes fit victory in my workout gear when my regular yoga workout pants stopped fitting. When the elastic foldover waistband on my yoga pants no longer touches my belly but instead gapes out, it's a sign I've been doing something rightly. So I went to Sam's Club. I bought a two pack of new yoga pants for $22 - size L. Came home...they were loose! I actually bought a new two pack today of mediums (!!). So in more than one brand I'm going down, and my nutrition challenge coordinator's measurements of me will testify as much.

Clean paleo eating and regular Crossfitting has been doing my body good. I've had many nights when fatigue and stress might otherwise have had me face first into wine and chocolate...but the accountability of the challenge has held me fast to responsibly fueling my body for the next day's workout instead. I'm so thankful for this season of progress, which has buoyed me in other areas of my life as well.

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your size 8 pants wearing ability! For me, it was leaving the plus-sized arena. That was huge for me! I think a size 8 (even if it's another brand's size whatever) is awesome!

    I just tried Crossfit on Saturday and I am still super sore, but I am looking forward to going back again. This blog is one of the reasons I decided to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! That is so exciting! Congratulations! My husband and I just joined a box two weeks ago. What was your challenge..I'm assuming paleo and crossfit, but could you share details? Thanks. I LOVE YOUR BLOG and have been missing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Jen!! I hope that your Crossfitting experiences continue to be good ones. :) You'll be shocked by your progress, I have no doubt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BluWave,

    It's a nutrition challenge, with prizes for the best workout improvements and body recompositions (fat lost/muscle gained). You can go however you wish nutritionally, but many folks at our box have given paleo a try.

    ReplyDelete

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...