Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fast Breakfast

This morning I weighed a pound less than yesterday! I'm not really shooting for a pound's loss every day - probably too fast for my liking. But, I will always take weight loss over weight gain, provided that it's fat (and not muscle) that I'm losing.

Yesterday and today I had the most decadent breakfast: four fried eggs (runny yolks, rock on!), and an 8 oz. cup that was half-milk, half-cream. I shake a little nutmeg on top of the drink, and it's like sipping an eggnog milkshake.

This breakfast at 7:30 kept me going without snacks until 12:30 p.m. yesterday. Some of you may say, "So what?" but for me, that's practically a first stab at intermittent fasting. ;)

You see, before primal eating, my blood sugar had me feeling crazy-hungry all. the. time. I call it stabby-hungry, too, because you had better watch out if you were going to get in the way of me and my breakfast. I'd wake up in the morning feeling like I'd been hit by a bus, and ravenous. After a carby breakfast, I'd be snacking throughout the morning - Fiber One bars were like crack cocaine to me, because they just activated some sort of om nom nom switch, and hey, they have fiber, so they were good for me, right? (Wrong: turns out their 10 g of sugar per bar was making my blood sugar go berserk.)

But now, fueled by fat and protein, I feel sated, for hours at a time. Quite the revolutionary state of being for me. Maybe some day I'll get in the zone of intermittent fasting for real - as in skipping 1, 2, or 3 meals without feeling any blood sugar crashes. But for now, I'll take the not-feeling-compelled-to-eat all morning - and the weight loss, too, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I cherish your comments, each and every one!

Please note that comments that are off-topic or of a gratuitously promotional nature will not be published. Also, for reasons of privacy, comments with my name or family members' names will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...